[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Taste and presentation are key to a satisfying meal, and sometimes we want to bring pleasure to the ear as well. There’s nothing like the satisfying crunch of a simple nut, or favorite morning cereal, or a forbidden potato chip, eaten on the sly, to remind us that all our senses are inextricably linked.
Enjoy this recipe for a healthy meal that mingles various pleasures for all your senses:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”441″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Oven-Crisp Black Bean and Corn Flautas
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 16-oz. tub prepared salsa, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until translucent and fragrant.
2. Stir in beans, chili powder, and 1 cup water. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat. Mash beans until mixture is thickened but still chunky, and some beans remain whole. Stir in 1 cup salsa and corn, and season with salt and pepper. Cool.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. Spoon ⅓ cup black bean mixture down center of tortilla. Roll tortilla around filling, and secure closed with toothpick. Set on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and black bean mixture. Bake 6 to 10 minutes, or until tortillas are browned and crisp.
4. Meanwhile, combine cilantro and remaining salsa in small bowl. Place 2 flautas on each plate, and top with remaining salsa.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]